The first time you sign into RocketBolt, you’ll be prompted with a series of steps to guide you through configuring a new account. Here’s an overview of each step.
Step 1: Select An Account Type
If you're the account creator, you'll begin by selecting an account type. (Everyone else will skip this step.)
1. Team User: Activates all features immediately and you'll configure them during initial account setup.
2. Individual User: Leads to an a la carte setup process where you’ll choose what services to start with and activate additional features later.
NOTE: Unless you're certain you won't be inviting more people to join your account, we encourage most users to select the "As part of a team" option.
Step 2: Enable Desktop Notifications
Small notification panels will appear in the corner of your screen so RocketBolt can share information your sales leads in real-time -- even when you’re not actively viewing your RocketBolt account -- so you can respond to sales opportunities faster.
1. Enable Notifications: Trigger an additional browser prompt where you’ll be able to “Allow” notifications. Depending on your browser, it should look something like this:
NOTE: If you already have desktop notifications enabled -- which is common for people using RocketBolt’s Gmail plugin -- you might automatically skip this step.
Step 4: Install an Email Tracking Plugin
1. Alternate Email Provider: Request support for a different email platform (e.g. Apple Mail, Yahoo, etcetera). Requests received in this step will guide our decisions about which email platforms to support in the future.
PRO TIP: Gmail lets you send messages using any email service. We encourage users on alternate platforms to consider registering for a Gmail account and configuring it to manage non-Gmail email addresses. This will let you use RocketBolt's Gmail plugin with any email address.
Step 5: Invite Team Members
Add names and email addresses for anyone you'll be collaborating with inside RocketBolt. The people you add will join your account and receive an invitation email.
1. Create Admin: User has full privileges and can do anything you can inside your RocketBolt account.
2. Create Manager: User doesn't have access to billing or organizational settings info, but they can control team members.
3. Create Members: User can only access information related to sales leads, but, for security purposes, they can’t change any organization-related or team-related settings.
NOTE: Only account admins will see this step during their account configuration process.
Step 6: Individual Account Setup Complete
Congratulations! You’ve made it through the individual setup process for your new RocketBolt account.
If you’re the primary admin on your new account (i.e. the first user), and you selected the “team” configuration process back in Step #1, keep reading the rest of this article since it covers the global account configuration steps you’ll be completing next.
If you’re not the primary admin on the account, you’re all done with setup. Now it’s time to start exploring the RocketBolt dashboard.
Step 7: Global Account Configuration
After configuring personal account settings, the primary admin of a new account will be sent to a configuration page that looks like this:
As you can see, by activating your account you’ve already completed the first step. If you already installed an email tracking plugin and/or already invited other team members, steps four and five will be marked as complete, too.
That just leaves two steps, which should only a take a couple minutes, then your RocketBolt account will be configured and ready to use.
1. Configure Profiles: Setup profiles for contact monitoring.
2. Add Website: Integrate RocketBolt onto your website.