See all the activity RocketBolt is tracking about your contacts in real-time, live-updating feeds.
Live Feeds Page
Live Feeds provide a continuously updating stream of information about what your tracked leads are doing with your emails, on your website, in the news, and across social media.
1. Feed Types: The Inbound Feed shows the activity of leads on your website;the Outbound Feed shows info about your contacts from the news and social media; and the Email Feed shows when your emails are opened and links are clicked.
2. New Events: The number of new tracked events that have occurred since you’ve last viewed or updated a feed.
3. Usage Counter: See how close you are to reaching your tracking limits. Limits reset at the beginning of your monthly billing cycle.
4. Feed Filters: Limit feeds so they only show certain kinds of activity.
5. Feed Events: The individual actions of your leads that were identified by RocketBolt.
Inbound Feed: Track What Contacts Are Doing On Your Website
Your Inbound Activity Feed shows what people are doing on your website. These are potential sales leads coming “inbound” to your website in order to learn more about your company and services.
1. Last Update: The date and time your activity feed was last updated.
2. New Activity: New events are available to be shown in your current feed.
3. Activity Type: The inbound feed displays five kinds of events:
- Returning Visitor (Yellow Lightning Bolt) - A tracked lead who has returned to your website after 24 hours or more.
- Website Activation (Black Computer Screen) - A lead has entered an email address in one of your webforms and is now being tracked.
- Website Re-activation (Purple Refresh Icon) - A lead that’s already tracked has entered an email address in one of your webforms.
- Email Link Click (Blue Envelope Icon) - Someone you’ve emailed clicked a link to your website and is now being tracked.
- Email Link Re-Click (Pink Arrow Icon) - Someone you’ve emailed and are already tracking re-clicked a link to your website.
4. Priority Lead: Contacts with yellow stars have been marked as a priority leads. Click the star icon to update a contact’s priority status.
5. Contact Owner: The person on your team assigned to this contact. Click the pushpin icon to change the contact’s owner.
6. Associated Projects: See which sales projects this lead is associated with. Assign the lead to new projects by clicking the folder icon.
7. Delete Event: Removes the event from the contact’s activity history and from the live feed. This does not delete the contact.
8. Silence Contact: Prevent this contact’s activity from appearing in your live feeds. RocketBolt will continue tracking and recording the contact’s activity.
9. Monitor Contact: Track this contact’s activity in the news and on social media. Any relevant activity will appear in your Outbound Activity Feed.
10. Lead Tags: Add custom tags to help organize and group leads. Click the tags icon to apply or remove tags.
Outbound Feed: Monitor Contacts in the News and On Social Media
The Outbound Activity Feed shows opportunities to reach out to your contacts based on information RocketBolt finds about them in the news or posts they’re making on social media.
1. Activity Type: The outbound feed displays four kinds of events:
- Lead News (Red Newspaper) - A mention of your lead in either a local or national news article.
- Company News (Orange Building) - A mention in the news of the company or organization your lead works for.
- Relevant Tweet (Blue Twitter Icon) - A tweet posted by your contact that includes a keyword or tag you’re monitoring for.
- Relevant Retweet (Blue Retweet Icon) - A retweet by your contact that includes a keyword or tag you’re monitoring for.
2. Relevant Tags: Any tags and keywords from this content used by RocketBolt to identify it as potentially relevant to you.
3. Adjust Sensitivity: If RocketBolt is showing too little or too much information about a contact, adjust the sensitivity of our search algorithms to generate additional or fewer results.
4. Save Activity: Click the save icon for any news or social activity you want to keep. Unsaved activity will automatically be removed from your account after a few weeks in order to limit clutter.
5. Expand Profile: View additional details about this contact such as social profiles and any associated projects.
6. Flag Unrelated Content: Flagging content as unrelated will remove it from your feed and help improve RocketBolt’s search algorithms for better results in the future.
Email Feed: See Who’s Reading Your Emails
The Email Activity Feed instantly notifies you when your emails are opened and links in your emails are clicked.
1. Activity Type: The email feed displays two kinds of events:
- Email Open (Blue Piece of Paper) - An email you sent was opened.
- Link Click (Green Link) - A link in an email you sent was clicked.
2. Opener Details: Any information RocketBolt is able to identify about the opener including location, device used, and web browser. This information isn’t always available. RocketBolt will always provide whatever it finds.
3. Sent From: The email address you used to send the email. RocketBolt can track up to 10 of your email accounts.
4. Email Recipients: All recipients of your email. Email addresses listed in blue are associated with contacts saved in RocketBolt’s CRM. Click the address to reveal detailed profile info.